Bruce Power is Canada’s only private-sector nuclear power generator and operates the largest nuclear generating facility in the world, producing 6,300 MW of electricity to meet nearly 30 per cent of Ontario’s daily demand.
The creation of the new Bruce Power website, which is built on the WordPress platform, began with a full strategic review by the Business Analysis team at Moveable Online. This review focused on information architecture and the user experience. It was clear that Bruce Power’s frequent publishing called for a full content management strategy, while a tight three-month deadline required a disciplined approach.
With direction from Moveable Online’s assigned Business Analyst, and using an agile workflow, the design team at Pink Elephant Marketing developed style tiles to define the visual language for the website’s presentation layer. At the same time, the team at Moveable Online conducted a content review and created wireframing, which allowed for real-time development and testing of the front-end prototype.
The project included:
- Custom content management strategy, with support for frequent publishing of daily reports, articles and blog posts
- Robust categorization model, for optimal searchability and findability by an online audience
- Deployment that leveraged a standard WordPress theme, along with available community plug-ins
- Extensive wireframing, content mapping and user task analysis
- Fully mobile-optimized for both tablets and smartphones.
The new site is a very good example of Moveable Online’s ability to provide strategic consulting and build an effective online publishing platform on the open-source WordPress CMS under tight deadlines